Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When That Wind Blows



Stagnant. That's a word that makes me shudder. It's something I don't want to be. Sitting in one place, doing the same thing, over and over and over and over.

Wanderlust. That's a word that makes me all dreamy. There truly is a travel bug and it bit me hard. Now I want to roam from place to place, soaking up the views, the people, the food, the traditions.

College is over and so ends my life as a student. That which has been my identity for 22 years. I can start anew. And yet I have to go back to where it all started. My hometown, so that I can save money to go to Australia and New Zealand. It's worth it. I just hope I don't lose my soul in the process. Here's the big question. Come September I need to decide if I want to apply to teach English in Japan or South Korea. It's frightening, but it's new. The fear of a new place is easier than the fear of an old one.

Asia. I never thought I'd go there.

Now it's my only option.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are singing my song! I just graduated as well, although for now I'm staying state side. I actually did consider a position in South Korea and my one of my friends has been offered a contract, although he has yet to decide.
    On another note, I have this whole critical sense of humor about life thing going on, so if you'd like to read some funny social commentary, feel free to check out my blog at http://ironylovescompany.blogspot.com
    Looking forward to hearing your story.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it seems that many college graduates are singing my song. Especially in a recession...Hope your friend does take the contract, would be a great opportunity! I'll be sure to check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete